Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A 1950's Girls Rock & Roll Birthday Party!

How have you been?  I have been forcing myself  to catch up on finally getting the last of my daughter's outgrown clothes listed on Ebay, all while madly working on some exciting design team projects that I can't wait to share over the course of next month.  ;)

Today I thought I would share a few photos from my daughter's 7th birthday that we celebrated earlier this month.  She was going back and forth on choosing a theme and in the end settled on a MUSIC theme.  That was about as specific as she got so it gave me lots of room to turn it into whatever I wanted it to be. 

I decided to run with a 1950's pink Cadillac sort of vibe so I turned to my Papertrey Ink Boys Basic Rock On stamp set, matching die and a mini 6x6 paper pad of Echo Park's Happy Days collection (and some fun retro fonts) to make her invites. 


Once again I was really pressed for time with only a day to crank these babies out so I kept the design simple and fairly flat.  :)

For the party I bought some favorite 50's songs that I loaded onto my iPod so we could play musical chairs and hot potato with an inflated guitar.  I decorated with pink, black and white balloons and bought a ton of inflatable guitars at Oriental Trading Co. to decorate with and give away as party favors.  I rounded out the theme with a record shaped pinata;)

The night before the party I was still feeling like I was missing something special to decorate with so at a late hour I quickly diecut a bunch of records using Echo Park cutting files on my Silhouette and printed some songs on the labels as a hanging centerpiece over the dining room table where we served cupcakes.  They just tied on the chandelier above and were the perfect finishing touch.  Funny thing is my daughter has no idea what records are.  She was like "What are those?!"  LOL!  :)


AND just my luck (and totally a coincidence) I was going through Hayley's new fall clothes that I had purchased the year before and I discovered a birthday girl shirt that just happened to be a Rock-n-Roll birthday theme! I buy Gymboree's birthday shirts every year and had completely forgotten that the one in this year's size had a pink guitar. How cool is that?!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful decor! I love how you made the records and that invite really rocked!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Mendi...even pressed for time you put my birthday parties to shame;)!! Too cute invites...and love those hanging records!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...