Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A couple Papertrey Ink "On Ice" Cards

Today I have a couple different cards to share that I made using the same Papertrey Ink "On Ice" stamp set.  I made these this summer in response to a couple different magazine calls, but they didn't make the cut.  No worries though... I made them with specific recipients in mind so it's all good.  ;)

For this first one I combined it with a challenge I had at Craft Warehouse in which I was given a blue notecard, the silver fiber and a challenge to use a embossing folder.  :)


I made this card in response to a call for this color grouping and sketch request for CARDS magazine's January issue. 

For the background I used a swirl background stamp by Hero Arts.  It's hard to see here, but I white hill was cut from glittered cardstock.  I then added some glossy accents to the skates and threaded embroidered floss through the skates laces as a way to add some extra detail. 








Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute cards Mendi...I really love how you did the lacing with floss and the glossy accents on the second one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...