Monday, November 10, 2014

Doodlebug Friendly Forest & Happy Camper Thankful Layout

Today I have a layout up on Doodlebug's blog sharing everything I am thankful for using Doodlebug's darling Happy Camper and Friendly Forest collections.  I just love the way these two lines mix and match--It's like one giant collection of Doodlebug goodness!


To create my background I was inspired by a sketch (which I'm unable to locate to give proper credit) featuring 16 die-cut hearts.  I sized each of my hearts to be 2-1/2 inches wide and then set to work embellishing each one with similar tone-on-tone colors and adding a little something I'm thankful for to each.  

For my journaling I adhered Doodlebug's new cardstock colors, cut into 1" strips, onto a piece of printer paper using scotch tape (already printed once to see my word placement) and then printed everything out again in one pass.  I then was able to use my trimmer to cut them down into smaller strips while they were still all attached to the larger paper.  It made it super easy!  



I reserved three of the hearts near the bottom of my page to ground my title using Doodlebug's awesome new Chippers.  I wanted to add the word "so" using the teensy type alphabet stickers, but they were a lighter brown and didn't stand out as much as I was wanting.  Guess what?  Going over them with a brown sharpie on a piece of scratch paper totally solved that problem!  ;)






I hope I've inspired you to create your own Thankful" project using these darling collections. Thanks so much for stopping by.  :)


Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com)

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. How did you get the fine detailed stitching around the hearts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It wasn't too bad. I found it easier to actually stitch them and then glue them onto my layout afterwards. I just took the curves slow and used my hand wheel on my sewing machine for some of those instead of the foot peddle. :)

      Delete
  2. You, my friend, are amazing, complete and total AWESOME-SAUCE!!!! This layout is inspiring, beautifully and artistically done, and so well designed!! And again, your stitching - whoa, man!!! So good!! Amazingly well matched colors, paper, thread and everything!!! Just completely one of my favorite layouts of ALL TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your sweet comments. This heart layout was also a favorite of mine to make and I'm so happy you love it. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...