Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Couple of Paper Crafts Magazine Cards to Share

Today I have some cards to share that are way overdue.  Both of these were created for different past Paper Crafts issues.  This first one I am really blushing about my tardiness because it was from the September 2013 special issue called Paper Crafts Handmade Cards.

I created this one for a call on playing with fabrics and canvases in a unique way.  For my card I colored some fabric Thickers with my Copic markers in a rainbow pattern and paired it with some rainbow arrows cut from Bo Bunny paper using this Arrow cutting file by Lori Whitlock (which I lengthened by welding to a rectangle of the same width).  I finished off my sentiment using the Saying Hello by Ali Edwards stamp set by Technique Tuesday.


My second card was part of Paper Crafts Practical Solutions For Paper Crafters: Volume 2 special issue.  I created this one using a variety of Doodlebug Petite Prints and some Doodlebug / Hampton Art rubber cling stamps called Home Sweet Home.  The call that inspired this card asked for projects using up tiny leftover scraps of paper.  Love that holding onto my precious scraps finally paid off.  ;)

To give my little houses more dimension I stamp them in black ink for the house and roof and then again with VersaMark and white embossing powder on kraft and yellow cardstock.  I like how mixing it up gave the doors and windows the appearance of being framed in white trim.  :)



Thanks so much for hanging with me today.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are gorgeous! I really love that top card... the rainbow effect is so pretty... I have always loved anything done in the rainbow colors... and the coloring on fabric looks so cool... love the texture! The home sweet home card is cute as ever too.. love that you were able to use up scraps!

    By the way... I'm home safe now in NJ... and I am loving being back home!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Jo! I'm so excited for you!!! Thanks you for your sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this site
    before but after reading through some of the post I
    realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back
    often!

    my web blog; arts and crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh love your rainbow card! Think I will try cutting my own fabric letters with material scraps and backing them with chipboard to see if I can get the same effect. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun cards! I love the rainbow effect on the first one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 more cute ones...lovin' your rainbow letters on the first and those sweet little houses on the 2nd. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...