Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lori Whitlock Halloween Treat Boxes

Hi there!

I took a short blogging break, but I'm excited to be back today sharing some more fun project ideas using oodles of diecutting goodness by the one and only Lori Whitlock, which are also being featured over at her blog today.  :)

I created these little goodie boxes to surprise my kids with on Halloween morning. They would also make such wonderful gifts for teachers! 

Here's what they look like from the front:
























And because I was having too much fun I also decorated them on the back:




I thought I would give you a little peek into my designing and diecutting process...

This is a screen print showing how I planned out my projects before cutting them.  I colored them in with the fill color option to get a feel for what looked good together before cutting in to precious scraps of paper.  In an effort to save time I cut these projects out at the same time (using the same papers) as the ones shared on my October 1st post here.  It made everything go so much quicker!

After I had figured out most of the placement and sizing, I then started moving things around off the mats and moving like colored groups over one at a time so that I could cut all the black shapes with the black shapes, orange with orange, vinyl with vinyl, etc.  By the time I actually assembled the cards and treat boxes I just breezed through them (the planning and cutting were definitely the most time consuming parts of these projects).
 
Lori's Silhouette Files used for Halloween Trick or Treat Goodie Box
3 borders (zig zag)
Lori's Silhouette Files used for Halloween Toxic Treats Goodie Box
 
Other Supplies used:
Bazzill Basics Cardstock
Echo Park Happy Halloween papers
Black Vinyl
American Crafts Ribbon
Signo Uniball White Gel Pen
Stickles Glitter Glue
Colorbox Chalk inks
Thread
 
Don't forget if you don't have a Silhouette and own another brand of electronic diecutting machine, you can also purchase the SVG files directly from Lori's blog shop here.  :)

And for those of you wanting to learn more about how to use your Silhouette my fellow teammate Amanda Jones is offering a great Silhouette 101 class which she is currently running a 25% off special on here through Friday.  Lori Whitlock will be a guest for one of her Webinars as well.  ;)

Make sure to check back on Thursday for a fun Fall blog hop with all new projects by the entire team!  There will also be a great sale and some freebies that day!  Yay! 



Thanks so much for stopping by today!





 

3 comments:

  1. Mendi these are so adorable and I love how you showed the screen shot from the Silhouette software, all that planning is a ton of work but it sure pays off with fabulous results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome and thanks for sharing your cutting layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Mendi...I would love to get these "treats" for Halloween! You're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...