For my first card I repeatedly stamped Technique Tuesday's chevron border stamps using versamark ink & white embossing powder on an A2 card panel. After heat setting it, I cut my panel into strips between each "V" and used an ink resist technique with all my favorite distress ink colors. I then pieced them back together on my card base to create this fun rainbow look.
To continue my rainbow theme I repeatedly stamped the word "thanks" in each of the same colors and fussy cut the individual letters out to adhere directly to my card.
My next card uses some fun circle paperclips (available HERE) that I purchased at my local Staples. I wanted to do something fun with them so I cross-stitched them on my card front with different colors of embroidery floss to match the patterned paper in my border. I then finished off my card sentiment with one of my favorite die and matching stamp sets by Simon Says Stamp.
I hope I've inspired you to experiment and try your own twists on the rainbow theme! I would love to see what you come up with! Share your creations with me at my facebook page found HERE. :)
Supplies Used (available at Technique Tuesday)
Supplies Used (available at Simon Says Stamp)
- Simon Says Stamp YOU Craft Die
- Simon Says YOU Clear Stamps
- Simon Says DIE & STAMPS SET EXPRESSIONS FOR YOU
- S5-029 Spellbinders NESTED LACEY PENNANTS Dies
- Neenah Classic Crest 80lb SMOOTH SOLAR WHITE Paper Pack 25 Sheets
- Tsukineko VersaFine ONYX BLACK Ink Pad
- Tsukineko Versamark EMBOSS Ink Pad
- Hero Arts WHITE Embossing Powder
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad FESTIVE BERRIES
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad SPICED MARMALADE
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad MUSTARD SEED
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad MOWED LAWN
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad PEACOCK FEATHERS
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad SALTY OCEAN
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad SEEDLESS PRESERVES
Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com)