Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Technique Tuesday & Simon Says Stamp Baby Onesie Cards

Today is all about baby cards and not just any baby cards, but cards using adorable onesie stamps.  I don't know about you, but it's hard for me to resist teeny tiny onesies!

Up first I have a baby boy (or unisex) version using Doodlebug's cute Snips & Snails collection and the Tiny Ray of Sunshine stamp set by Simon Says Stamp.  I stamped them on a variety of shrunken down 6x6 prints and then fussy cut them with my scissors.  For my clouds I punched them using two different Fiskars punches with Doodlebug's sprinkle vellum and then die-cut a third one on my Silhouette to ground my sentiment.  I stamped everything with Simon Says Stamp Dark Chocolate ink which has become a new favorite of mine and colored in the letters for the word "baby" with Copic markers.


For the baby girl version I turned to Technique Tuesday's Bundle of Joy stamp set and paper-pieced all the darling images using Doodlebug's Sugar & Spice 6x6 paper pad.  I kept this one pretty clean and simple adding just a simple stitched line around the perimeter to dress it up.


Thanks so much for hanging with me today.  All of the supplies I used in today's cards can be found in the various links below.  :)


Supplies used (available at Technique Tuesday)

Supplies used (available at Simon Says Stamp)

Supplies used (available at Scrapbook.com)

3 comments:

  1. Love so much all that yummy cutting out and paper piecing you did with those fun Doodlebug papers!! So delightful and these cards are just WAY too cute!!! I love these ideas and I think the stitching that you do always adds so much interest to any project!!! Have a SUPER happy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards Mendi...I love all that paper piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE these baby cards! It came at such a great time for inspiration for me too, because I'll be working on creating a baby album for my niece and one for my nephew as Christmas gifts this year. Both children will be celebrating their first birthdays this year in July and in October. So the albums will be perfect to hold our their first milestones and holidays. Thanks for the inspiration my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...