Monday, April 6, 2015

Pebbles Home Grown Tulip Festival Spring Flowers Layout

Today I have a Pebbles Home Grown layout to share that is all about blooming flowers!

For nearly a decade we faithfully visited the Tulip Fest in Woodburn, Oregon but sadly we hadn't made the trek for the past few years (something we finally remedied this year).  I wanted to create a special layout capturing the fun we had the last time we attended and I decided creating a beautiful floral grouping with the ephemera flowers from the collection was the perfect way to do this!


To bring my flowers to life and give them a more 3D look, I chose to layer several of the flower die-cuts in the smaller sizes using foam tape.  I also inked my edges to make them pop and stand out when stacked together.


I was searching for a way to fit more photos on my page so I chose to string a set of mini Polaroids along the bottom of my layout.  My pictures were originally full-sized 4x6 photos which I ruthlessly cropped down into (3) 2" x 2" squares.  I like how cropping them put the focus back on my family's cute little faces and left me more room to include fun embellishments.  I am in love with the fun triangle paper clips that come with the Photo Garland kit--I often include banner elements on my pages so it's nice to have a fresh way to string them and mix things up!


I hope I've inspired you to pull out some Spring photos and create some floral bouquets of your own!  Make sure to swing by the Pebbles blog for a mini tutorial I shared on how I created a quick and easy stitching template for my bumblebee trail.


Supplies Used (available at Simon Says Stamp)


Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com)


    1 comment:

    1. I LOVE TULIPS!!! They make me smile so big!!! Your blooms are so vivid and realistic looking!! The layering and sponging the edges certainly made sure they were a hit!! Your mini polaroid banner - oh my - WHAT A FABULOUS IDEA!!! So great and so cool!! Love the little clips you used and just love that you found a way to ficus on those really fun, sweet faces of your family!! Wonderful pictures, as usual!! You are just so very skilled and I admire all you do!!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...