For my first project, I couldn't wait to make a layout using these photos which I knew would be a perfect match for the darling heart with the flag print found on the 4th of july double-sided cardstock!
To create my layout I used a sketch from the upcoming Summer issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today which called for 4 photos. I decided to steal one of the spots reserved for a photo and turn it into an embellishment opportunity, creating a little scene with some stickers from the collection (and one teddy bear sticker from last year's collection).
I created my title block mixing Doodlebug's newest Skinny Cardstock Stickers with my old favorite Love Letters stickers. Together they were a perfect fit for the space I had to work with.
While I had these yummy papers out I couldn't resist using them on a home decor project that's been on my "to do" list for a couple months now. I purchased two of the Kaisercraft Beyond The Page 3-drawer Storage Units for my craft room to store all of my washi tapes and I knew the Patriotic Picnic papers would be a great compliment to my space.
I love how well these units stack to save on space! I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I've nearly filled them, but I did make sure to get units that would be large enough to allow for a bit of growth.
I used Sizzix dies to cut bookplate labels from both my paper and chipboard and created custom drawer pulls by stacking Doodlebug buttons with flat white buttons below which I mounted with E6000 adhesive. I embellished the top of each drawer using Doodlebug's Fancy Frills stickers.
Here's a peek at two of my drawers sorted by color. Can you tell which two colors are my favorite? I think it might be time for me to remind myself to "just say no" the next time I'm at the store. ;)
Here's another look at two of my favorite drawers sorted with Doodlebug's yummy array of novelty washi tapes. I love how each drawer will hold at least 36 standard rolls which adds up to space to hold over 108 rolls per unit!
I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have all my tapes together in one spot and easily accessible. No more fishing them out from the bottom of a jar. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope my projects have inspired you in your own crafty endeavors! :)
Supplies used (available at Simon Says Stamp)
Supplies used (available at Scrapbook.com)
- Doodlebug Design - Patriotic Picnic Collection - 12 x 12 Paper Pack
- Doodlebug Design - Patriotic Picnic Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Patriotic Parade
- Doodlebug Design - Patriotic Picnic Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Land that I Love
- Doodlebug Design - Patriotic Picnic Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Colors of Courage
- Doodlebug Design - Patriotic Picnic Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - 4th of July
- Doodlebug Design - Patriotic Parade Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Proud Plaid
- Doodlebug Design - Patriotic Picnic Collection - Cardstock Stickers - Fancy Frills
- Doodlebug Design - Patriotic Picnic Collection - Cardstock Stickers - Icons
- Doodlebug Design - Patriotic Picnic Collection - Doodle-Pops - Little Red Wagon
- Doodlebug Designs - Cardstock Stickers - Skinny Alphabet - Blue Jean
- Doodlebug Designs - Cardstock Stickers - Skinny Alphabet - Lily White