I wanted to make some big bows to secure my banner in place, but truth be told, I'm not usually very good at making them. I was tickled to discover a very easy tutorial (shared HERE) which helped me create them with very little effort. For my smaller sized bows I used (36) 3" lengths of ribbon per bow which means you will need 3 yards of grosgrain and 3 yards of sheer ribbon to make two.
One last tip I would recommend is painting your letter white beforehand. Washi tape is obviously transparent in nature and this really helps keep the colors nice and vibrant. :)
While I had my spring papers out, I decided to create a coordinating chipboard banner using the darling papers and craft kit from the Hello Sunshine and Easter Parade collections.
I kept it sweet and simple, but I can't help smiling when I see these adorable critters. To connect the banner pieces together I created a loop with the same grosgrain ribbon, gluing them together in the back. I then threaded a needle with some Doodle twine and sewed buttons onto the ribbon loops.
I hope I've inspired you to create some bright and cheerful projects for your home this Spring. :)
Supplies Used (available at Simon Says Stamp)
- Doodlebug Hello Sunshine 12 x 12 Paper Pack
- Doodlebug Bunny & Friends Reversible Easter Die Cuts
- Doodlebug Swimming Pool Swiss Dot Washi Tape
- Doodlebug Limeade Swiss Dot Washi Tape
- Doodlebug Bumblebee Swiss Dot Washi Tape
- Doodlebug Tangerine Swiss Dot Washi Tape
- Doodlebug Bubblegum Swiss Dot Washi Tape
- Doodlebug Polka Dots Washi Tape
- Doodlebug Rainbow Stripe Washi Tape
- Doodlebug BUBBLEGUM Doodle Twine
- Doodlebug Spring Assortment Sprinkles
- My Favorite Things Small Scalloped Border Die-Namics
Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com):