Thursday, December 11, 2014

Doodlebug Kraft, Red & Gold Christmas Cards

Hello there!  I'm back today with another set of holiday cards using every day supplies you might already have in your stash with a focus on the colors red, kraft & gold.

My first card is a twist on a previous card I created last year (shared HERE).  I love the idea of using basic circle punches and some twine to make simple hanging ornaments.  I backed the negative space with Doodlebug's Gold Chevron Sugar Coated Cardstock and finished off my card with a heat embossed sentiment by Technique Tuesday.


My next card combines rustic with glam using Doodlebug's basic red doilies and sequins with a strip of their Kraft in Color patterned paper and a jute bow.  For my sentiment I heated embossed Papertrey Ink's Think Big Favorites #9 set using gold embossing powder.


My last project is a little tag using stamps and dies by Papertrey Ink.  I'm always a sucker for dogs in sweaters.  ;)


I hope I've inspired you to look at your every day supplies in a new way.  I'll be back on Saturday sharing some handmade photo card ideas.  Thanks for hanging with me.  :)





Supplies Used (Available at Scrapbook.com)

1 comment:

  1. Really pretty cards and love that adorable dog tag! I would never have paired up red and gold with kraft.. but I must say .. I like the look of all three tied in together!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...