Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Trio of Foxy Fall Shaped Cards

I'm popping in today with some new cards which all share a fun fox theme.  The fox trend is hot right now and I can't seem to get enough of them!

Up first is a shaped card using THIS Silhouette cutting file.  I adhered the ears and cheek pieces to some ivory felt which I then cut around by hand like a pattern piece.  This gave the felt some stability and made it easier to stitch around.  I'm sort of in love with this little guy.  I think it would be super fun to make him all out of felt and make him into a coin purse!


Up next is fox shaped card using THIS adorable Silhouette Cutting file.  To dress him up I added a little stitching around his belly and cheeks and used some black enamel dots for his eyes and nose.  His tail was the perfect place to tie a tag for my sentiment.


My last card features a adorable fox image from Papertrey Ink's Hello Foxy mini stamp set paired with a beautiful fall paper collection called Family Traditions designed by Adrienne Looman for Webster Pages.


I hope you've enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed making them.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)

2 comments:

  1. HOLY COW!!!! THESE ARE SO CUTE!! Love the stitching and details on each one - you really made them look lifelike - in such a cute way!! I am so amazed at your Silhouette skills!! Good for you - I am so in love with these!! The card with the patterned papers looks really good - all the colors and patterns you chose look really good together!! Another AMAZING post from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW gorgeous cards!! I absolutely LOVE that first fox card, the sweet little head and I think your idea of a coin purse is brilliant!! Go for it! If anyone can do that, you can! I'd love to see it and I'm going to want one!! LOL
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...