Friday, August 29, 2014

Pebbles Home+Made Layout with Custom Background Tutorial

Hello!  How are you?  Today I have a layout to share which was featured on the Pebbles blog a couple weeks ago where I took inspiration from a specific sketch to create my own custom backgrounds using Pebbles newest Home+made collection!



I started with this Sketchy Thursdays sketch which I found on Pinterest.  To re-create the diamond background in the design I turned to my Silhouette software and the diamond nested and 12x12 background shapes.    I chose to follow the sketch pretty closely and embellished with all the fun new thickers, tapes and dies from the collection.

The sticker surface of the label was a little slick and it smeared with my first attempt so I cheated and printed my words on white cardstock which I cut down to perfectly fit inside the label.  ;)


I think the touches of black and gold in this line are so elegant and will be beautiful for so many occasions!








Supplies:
Home+Made Gilded Gold Thickers (732613)
Home+Made Chalkboard Stickers (732612)
Home+Made Phrase & Accent Stickers (732611)
Home+Made 6x6 Paper Pad (732644)
Home+Made Decorative Tape (732626)
Home+Made Dies (732638)
Home+Made Smiley Chalk (732597)
American Crafts Gold Glitter 12x12 Cardstock (AM714-17)
Bazzill Basics White OP 12x12 Cardstock (10-1023)
American Crafts Powder Glitter Paper Tape (AC-GT-96020)

To see the full tutorial with step-by-step instructions on how I created this background with my Silhouette make sure to head to Pebbles blog HERE.   :)


2 comments:

  1. Mendi - You and your daughters look so amazing and so gorgeous!! What a beautiful scrapbook layout - love the sparkly gold and the diamond design!! LOVE all the stitching you did and I just think this is an awesomely wonderful, gorgeous page!! Way to go!! And I hope you have a fantastic birthday on Tuesday!! Enjoy your weekend with your family!! Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taunya! You're so sweet and you always brighten my day. Thank you for the birthday wishes--It's the big 4-0 this year so it means a lot. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...