Monday, August 4, 2014

A Lori Whitlock & Echo Park Fine And Dandy Card Set

Hello there!  Today I'm sharing some colorful cards I created over at Lori Whitlock's blog using her newest Fine and Dandy collection by Echo Park.


This collection has a darling line of stamps and dies to compliment the papers and I couldn't resist playing with them for today's share.  All my cards today were also created using only the 6x6 pad.

For my first card I cut my cupcake wrapper from the solid blue and then hand cut a second one from that same blue to line the back side.  To make it stand out against the die-cut version, I took my chalk ink and swiped it across it.  I had some leftover flower centers so I decided to use them as sprinkles--With a little glossy accents they became homemade enamel dots!


For my next card I used on of Lori's 8.5x11 Backgrounds as my card mat.  I stamped the sentiment and 4 butterflies using the Happy Little Moments Stamps and then stamped them a second time onto scratch paper.  I fussy cut the ones on scratch paper and layered them over the others with foam tape.  I love the subtle detail that adds in person.  To tie my colors together, I layered coordinating strips of patterned paper from the collection.


Up next I mixed both the flower die sets for a simple border on a colorful note card.


My last card is my personal favorite.  I used the Jar Die, cutting the lid from silver metallic cardstock and hand cut a "fabric" cover from gingham paper.  I finished it off with a little baker's twine and some glossy accents on the heart.  For my card I cut one of  Lori's A2 card bases on my Silhouette which just happened to be a perfect match for the curved sentiment stamp from that same stamp set.


To complete my cards I used the following SVG cutting files from Lori's Shop:


I also used the following new Fine & Dandy products by Echo Park:


Isn't this an irresistibly cute collection Lori has designed?!  I had so much fun and I hope I've inspired you to pull out some paper and play along this summer.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Each one of these uniquely awesome, and cuter than cute cards has a special something about them that shouts "Mendi made me" What a fantastic job you did with these!! I pinned them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taunya for both your sweet comments! You always warm my heart! :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great job! I was a very happy pinner today! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...