For this layout I wanted to have the banners take center stage so I used a white on white approach for my background. I die cut two border strips from white cardstock on my Silhouette and THIS polka-dot print to mimic the look of bubbles. I love the texture and extra detail it gives my project without adding a lot of visual distraction.
For my banners I decided to cut them in a variety of aquas and lavenders to compliment my photo and layer them in an offset pattern to create the look of the Little Mermaid's scales. I then stamped them with the coordinating banner stamp, using it as a guide to pierce holes for my hand stitching.
These stamps and dies are a lot of fun and are a great staple to any crafter's arsenal. To create my layout I used the following products:
- Banner Months Stamp Set by Ali Edwards
- Sentiment Tabs Stamp Set by Ali Edwards
- Banners - DIY Steel Die
- Technique Tiles - Office collection (for tab)
Other coordinating banner stamp sets include:
- Today Banners by Ali Edwards
- Hello Santa Banners by Ali Edwards
- Giving Thanks Banners by Ali Edwards
- Family Banners by Ali Edwards
Thanks for stopping by. :)