Thursday, February 27, 2014

An Echo Park For The Record 2 Documented Digital Layout

As promised I'm back today to share another layout using the same photos in a different medium.  I created this layout for the 8x8 digital mini albums I made my family this past year for Christmas using Echo Park's For the Record 2 Documented digital collection designed by the amazing Lori Whitlock.

One of the things I love most about digital scrapbooking is that if something isn't quite right, you can alter it to fit your needs with the touch of a button.  In this case the blues in the collection weren't quite the right shade to compliment our shirts in the photos, but by playing with the tint they became nearly a perfect match!  :)

This was another layout that I created before I had any other brushes in my arsenal so I chose a sketch by Scrapbook Generations that used clean lines and didn't require any fancy shapes outside of the kits I purchased. ;)

When creating my second page I just copied my first page as a new file and flipped it so I could make sure the photo and border elements would line up with the first page.  As I went on I learned it was good to do this step before adding shadows so that they can all be to the same side.  :)

Thanks so much for peeking!  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  :)


  1. This is beautiful. I really do love this layout. Digital or traditional, just gorgeous!

  2. Ok....I have FINALLY gotten over to your blog and had about 30 things to look at (and pinned a bunch too)

    And...Awww...this is SO cute and I love the bright, fun colors and how they (of course) coordinate perfectly with your photos.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...