Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 29- A Technique Tuesday Trendy Trees Layout

Hello and Merry Christmas!  Phew!  We made it!  I hope you are having a grand time stuffing yourselves with all sorts of yummy foods and getting lost in the wrapping paper with those you love.  ;)

Today I have another Technique Tuesday layout documenting my daughters opening our Wii a few years back, along with games and accessories I had been secretly collecting for months.  They were convinced I would never buy one so it was an extra special present that we opened early to enjoy before travelling to several different homes for the holidays.  Their reaction and excitement was priceless!


I struggled for a long time to scrapbook these photos because the colors always seemed a little off with every Christmas collection I paired it with.  Then I realized by using some basic papers from American Crafts with these awesome stamps I could create my own look that matched the random brown and pale pinks my daughter was wearing that day.

For this layout I primarily used Teri Anderson's awesome Trendy Trees stamp set.  Those adorable trees were so much fun to paper-piece using two complimentary shades of green cardstock and I thought they really matched the feel of my other American Craft papers.


I used the Noted Digital Cut File with my Silhouette for my three tabs, one of which helps pull out my hidden journaling.


I finished my layout by adding a few presents under the tree and stamping the word joy for my title.  As an added detail I thought it would be fun stamp the word "joy" on the pink paper and cut them out to fill in the loops of the word.


Merry Christmas and May God Bless you and your family!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...