To get the look of stark white against the kraft paper for my gingerbread house I stamped the image 3 times, once on kraft, once on red (for the roof and door) and once on white (for the scalloped trim and candy accents). I then cut them out and paper-pieced them together, using a red Copic marker to color in the candy stripes. For my gingerbread boy and girl I took the easier way out and filed the white in with my Signo Uniball white gel pen.
Since I don't own Lawn Fawn's polaroid stamp, I created my own by cutting a square from white and a rectangle from the red patterned paper and then faking the look by tracing around them with a sharpie over a piece of scratch paper.
My Supply List
- Cardstock- Bazzill Basics (white, red), Kraft (Recollections)
- Patterned Paper- Doodlebug North Pole (Santa’s Scarf, Holiday Lane), Pebbles Fresh Goods (Come Again)
- Stamps- Lawn Fawn Sweet Christmas
- Polaroid Diecut- Silhouette America
- Ink- Tsukineko (onyx black), Colorbox Chalk (Creamy Brown)
- White Gel Pen- Signo Uniball
- Red Marker- Copic
- Black Marker- Sharpie
- Rhinestones- Kaisercraft
- Die- Papertrey Ink Heart Border
- Thread- Gutermann
I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by. :)