Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 12- A Lawn Fawn Gingerbread House Card

For today's card I was happy to finally break in my Lawn Fawn Sweet Christmas Stamp set that I had yet to use the images from.  I paired it with some of my Doodlebug North Pole paper.

To get the look of stark white against the kraft paper for my gingerbread house I stamped the image 3 times, once on kraft, once on red (for the roof and door) and once on white (for the scalloped trim and candy accents).  I then cut them out and paper-pieced them together, using a red Copic marker to color in the candy stripes.  For my gingerbread boy and girl I took the easier way out and filed the white in with my Signo Uniball white gel pen.

Since I don't own Lawn Fawn's polaroid stamp, I created my own by cutting a square from white and a rectangle from the red patterned paper and then faking the look by tracing around them with a sharpie over a piece of scratch paper.


My Supply List
  • Cardstock- Bazzill Basics (white, red), Kraft (Recollections)
  • Patterned Paper- Doodlebug North Pole (Santa’s Scarf, Holiday Lane), Pebbles Fresh Goods (Come Again)
  • Stamps- Lawn Fawn Sweet Christmas
  • Polaroid Diecut- Silhouette America
  • Ink- Tsukineko (onyx black), Colorbox Chalk (Creamy Brown)
  • White Gel Pen- Signo Uniball
  • Red Marker- Copic
  • Black Marker- Sharpie
  • Rhinestones- Kaisercraft
  • Die- Papertrey Ink Heart Border
  • Thread- Gutermann

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...