Monday, July 15, 2013

A Lori Whitlock Disney Themed layout

Hi there!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I helped my Mom with yet another big 2-day yard sale which I am thankful to declare will be our last for awhile.  I'm excited to have a Disney Themed layout up on Lori Whitlock's blog today!


For this one I used Maggie Holmes collection by Crate Paper and a handful of complimentary cutting files designed by Lori.

I knew I wanted to do something fun with the 12x12 decorative tape sheet from the collection so I cut it into strips, mixing it with other paper strips and adhered them to printer paper.  I then cut my mouse ears out on my Silhouette by welding 3 basic circles together.



I took Lori's "memories" title from a layout cutting file and paired it with one of her awesome banners which I enlarged to fit over my mouse ears and popped up with foam tape between the layers for some depth.

I also used her scalloped border which I cut twice (once from blue and another without the inside cuts from ivory).  I like to do this to minimize the visual distraction when a patterned paper is layered below my borders.  I finished off my layout with a layered tag to document the basics.  This is part of a larger album that I have kept over the years about several trips to Tokyo Disneyland so some layouts have more journaling than others.  ;)



To Create my layout I used the following cutting files designed by Lori Whitlock:
Banner Labels
Border Set 10
Memories Layout (for title)
5 Layered Labels (Silhouette Store only)

Thanks so much for stopping by and for all the sweet comments that have been left.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely layout Mendi! I love all the fun papers and the photos are great!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this isn't a typical Disney layout...but so still so adorable how you used the strips of PP on the mouse head. And as always your stitching talent amazes me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Never would have thought to use this collection for Disney, but it works so well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...