Thursday, July 4, 2013

A 4th of July Layout and Silhouette Video Tutorial

I hope you guys are all enjoying a wonderful 4th of July!  It's always been one of my favorite holidays so I feel privileged to be able to share a festive layout and video tutorial on Lori Whitlock's blog today using papers from Pebbles Let Freedom Ring collection.



As I state below in my video, I actually created this 8x8 layout for my Mother-in-law as part of her Christmas gift last year and saved it until now to share.  The only trouble is I didn't know then that it would be my turn to share a tutorial so I've tried my best to pull from my project a few of my favorite tips and tricks that I'm hoping will manage to teach a few of you something new.   ;)



I love layering my diecuts, embellishing them with rhinestones and stitching on them to create texture and add interest so I did a little bit of all these on my layout here.



To create my layout I used the following cutting files designed by Lori Whitlock:
Patriotic Icons
Summer Fun Titles
Banner Flag Set
8 Tabs
2 Borders (Silhouette Store only)
Dot Star (Silhouette Store only)

Without further ado, here is my feeble attempt at a tutorial...  ;)



There you have it.  Sorry it cut off there at the end.  I couldn't figure out how to lengthen my goodbyes without doing it over again and I was getting sleepy.  ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your Independence Day or if you're reading this the day after, I hope it was a good one!  :)

4 comments:

  1. This layout is absolutely GORGEOUS Mendi! Your family is beautiful and the photos show that. Lovely!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mendi, I absolutely love this! Those little banners across the bottom are such a perfect way to add little pieces of various patterned papers. Love the great sketch and other embellishments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout! I love all the cuts you used together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and festive for the 4th! Love all those little banners!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...