Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Lawn Fawn Baby Card & My Beth Moore Weekend

How are you doing?  Do you have any big plans for National Scrapbook Day?  I have my 3-day crop starting tomorrow and of course I can never resist all the amazing online sales. Luckily this year I managed to get most of my crop prepping done a week early so I have spent the past week organizing my scrapbook room, tying up loose ends and recovering from my amazing past weekend.

I don't know if many of you are familiar with Beth Moore and her amazing series of Bible studies, but I can honestly say no one else has ever inspired me to dig into my Bible more than this gifted woman of God.  I was so excited to join several girls from church in Eugene, Oregon last weekend for a Living Proof Live event, where she was a guest speaker.  It was such an awesome experience worshipping God with 7300 other ladies! 







I just had to spread the word in case you're like me.  I had grown up in a Christian home, but after college I had gotten lazy and stopped going to church.  For years I had a close girlfriend who repeatedly invited me to a Bible study at her church and I was always resistant because I had done stale Bible studies in the past that felt like they went in one ear and out the other.  That all ended with Beth Moore.  I immediately hung on her every word. I finally felt like the Bible applied to my life and she inspired me to want to read more.

While most of her studies are DVD format for larger church groups, you can also purchase individual sessions online HERE. She also has a weekly online radio broadcast HERE which can be listened to for free (or downloaded in MP3 format for a small fee).  Oh course you can find many books by her on Amazon as well.  ;)

OK, are you ready for something a little crafty now?  ;)   

I made this simple little card for my sister-in-law when she was expecting her first baby using Lawn Fawn's "Plus One", "Love And Breakfast" and "Chevron Backdrops" stamp sets. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have an awesome National Scrapbook Day!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh this card is soooo stinkin cute Mendi! I adore this! =)

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you really don't know me except that I follow your blog and LOVE it but I live in Eugene, OR. sadly, I was too busy with other activities to go to Beth Moore. glad you loved it - I have done several of her Bible studies and love them! I have to say one of those ladies in your pics looks like a lady from my church, hmmm. . . anyway, love the card!! as always I leave your blog inspired :-)
    be blessed
    http://teachdanz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny! I bet it is someone from your church!!! It makes sense that they would get good seats! Aside from taking 1-1/2 hours to drive 4 miles around the marathon ending at the same time on Saturday (and reducing us to one lane of traffic), we had an awesome time. LOL! Thanks for your sweet comments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...