The chevron paper found HERE was my jumping off point and my main inspiration for the rest of the colors found in the layout. I loved how it picked up the colors in our eggs! Originally I had the chevron strips with the "arrows" both facing the same direction, but somehow it felt off to me. As soon as I flipped one, I realized it finally felt right--Almost like they work to direct the eye around the page like a race track. ;)
I used Lori's LW Happy font for my title, topped with some Glossy Accents. I love how doing this gives you the feeling of a Thickers alphabet sticker, but the beauty is it's always the perfect size to fit the space and you're never running out of vowels. :)
I think one of my favorite things about diecutting my own embellishments (aside from saving loads of money) is dressing them up. With the help of some chalk ink, hand stitching, foam tape and buttons, Lori's flower shapes totally came to life! :)
And once again here is my layout design before cutting. As you can see sometimes things just don't go as planned. I really struggled to find the perfect placement for my little chicks and ultimately decided the chevron eggs were too busy for my design. I also played with my wavy borders (A TON). I couldn't decide which colors to use or what direction to turn them so I literally cut out a dozen of them. I also cut my pink flowers in about 4 different shades before finally arriving at one that felt right with the reds found in the collection. Oh, and that little flower on the egg ended up being layered on a flower below instead. I love how it now almost looks like a daffodil now.
For today's layout I used the following cutting files available at Lori's Shop:
4 Easter Set
Chicken and Chicks
Easter Egg Set
LW Happy font (title)
Also don't forget that today is the last day to get 25% off your purchase using the promo code "March25" at checkout.
Thanks so much for stopping by. :)