Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Winter Mitten Birthday Card

Just popping in to share another card I made for Paper Crafts that didn't get picked up for publication.  I actually made this card this summer, but it sort of inspired the garland I made later which I shared here

I used Basic Grey's Sweet Threads collection which is more of a spring/summer collection, but I thought it fit the look of a fuzzy mitten nicely.


Before stitching the two sides together, I diecut a heart from Papertrey Ink felt and hand-stitched it on for a homespun feel.  I have a number of family members with winter birthdays so I thought it was a fun way to try for the publication and get a card I needed made at the same time.  Now if I can just remember to mail it out on time.  ;)


Supplies Used:
Basic Grey Sweet Threads 6x6 Patterned Paper pad
Baker's twine by The Twinery
Papertrey Ink Sentiment stamps
Papertrey Ink Felt
Doodlebug Button
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Colorbox Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink
Spellbinder's Oval die
Sizzix Mini Tags (original red die)

Hope you have a great weekend!  :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...