To decorate the jars I used "The 12 Days of Christmas" collection by My Mind's Eye. :)
For the caramel corn, my daughter used one of my favorite recipes from www.food.com using the recipe found at the link found here.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 8 cups popped popcorn (1/3 cup unpopped)
- When I make this recipe, use 1/3 cup popcorn to achieve the 8 cups of popped corn.
- Preheat oven to 275F; have ready a jelly roll pan.
- Place popped corn in a very large bowl.
- In a large, heavy saucepan over high heat, combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup and bring to a boil; let boil for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat.
- Note that it is IMPORTANT to use a large saucepan, as this mixture will bubble up.
- Add baking soda and vanilla to sugar mixture and combine well.
- Pour this mixture over popped corn and combine, then spread mixture out onto jelly roll pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring well every 10 minutes (I sometimes reduce this to 30 minutes instead of 40 minutes).
- Let cool before eating or before placing into containers.
Thanks so much for peeking! I have one last holiday post tomorrow before I take a bit of a Christmas break. ;)