Monday, October 8, 2012

A Technique Tuesday Studio AE Christmas Card

Today I have a card to share that I made using Technique Tuesday's December Joy Stamp set by Ali Edwards.  I had so much fun playing on this one!


For the "Most Wonderful Time of The Year" sentiment, I stamped it 4 times on different doodlebug papers (from their 2011 Santa's Workshop collection), cut them apart and then pieced them back together to form a rainbow of sorts. The green frame around it was created with some ancient scalloped scissors--one of my very first scrapbook purchases 12 years ago.

I then used a fine point sharpie and traced the patterned paper sections on a piece of scratch paper to add definition to the edges. I was feeling like they somehow weren't popping enough to match the look of the stamps and this was the perfect solution to tie them in.




For this card I wanted to make my own background paper with the stamps and I designed it so that it would be a perfect color match with the Doodlebug papers by coloring random Christmas words with my Copic markers.  I then finished my background with Stickles glitter glue for a subtle detail on the hearts (so sad to say my heart stamp went down the drain right after this so it was my first and last time to use it--My sweet husband took apart the pipes but it was long gone).   :(

Thanks so much for stopping by and a big THANK YOU to Technique Tuesday for giving me this opportunity to have some fun with their awesome stamps!  Make sure to check out their blog for more amazing inspiration!

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this card! I am not a card maker but I would make this! I found your blog through Technique Tuesday and am really enjoying seeing your creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so cute...I love that you're so patient in your crafting...that's why everything is so precise and perfect (I so wish I could be more like you:)). But so sad that you lost the heart stamp...big fat bummer (so sweet of your husband to try though)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Christmas card! Love the bright colors! Thanks for visiting my blog....I used to cross stitch too. Every once in a blue moon I'll pick it up and do something, but it takes soooooo much time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...