Thursday, August 16, 2012

Papertrey Ink's Make-it-Monday Challenge #78

Hey there!

I have been having so much fun playing with Bella Blvd's baby girl collection that when I saw this week's Make-it-Monday video by Heather challenging us to incorporate hand stitching around Papertrey ink stamps I just had to join in.  There is this pink giraffe print paper in the collection that I thought would go so well with this darling giraffe found in Papertrey Ink's Sweet Baby set. 


I decided to go with Pink and Brown for my color scheme (the brown polka dot print is from Bella Blvd's Finally Fall collection).  Years ago Gymboree had a pink and brown giraffe line that I loved so I took my inspiration from them.  I love the way the stitching around the giraffe gives it the look of applique like you would find on one of their cute shirts.  I completely lucked out finding the brown ribbon with the pink stitches in my craft supply--And to have the pinks and browns actually match perfectly... Let's just say it was my lucky day.

Additional Supplies:
Cardstock- Bazzill Basics
Button- Doodlebug
Colorbox Doodlebug Cupcake Pigment Ink
We R Memory Keeper Corner Chomper

Make sure to check out all the cool new things that just came out with Papertrey Ink's new releases here and all the great takes on this challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Mendi, I love this sweet baby card. The giraffe is so adorable and I love these colors together. Nice job on your stitching technique too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I love this card! Pink and brown is one of my fav. color combos, they look great together! What a sweet baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby card. Love the pink and brown. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and love the layout of your sweet little monkey too! She is adorable and your layout is just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...