I had one last layout that was almost done that I didn't get to include in yesterday's Bella Blvd. post yesterday...
I had this one half done for over two weeks now and I just couldn't figure out how to finish it, but I forced myself to push through my creative block and I got it done today. Yipee! :)
I got hung up on the journaling and the entire right side of the layout. I wanted to use this pink journaling card (I sort of challenged myself to use literally every last cutout on that sheet between the three layouts and 5 cards I made), but it had numbers running down the side that didn't really correlate with what I wanted to say. Then it hit me! I could cover them up with some circle and heart punches! Yay! :)
I also felt like the layout was bare at the top to the right of the baby girl title, but the word pennants cut from the border strips ended up being a good solution for that.
I thought it would be fun to use the darling tan elephant cutout that perfectly matched my pink and brown color scheme. For the longest time I had him on the layout all by himself down in the corner, but today I decided to cut out the pink one from a border strip. After moving the small pink elephant all over the page (originally thought the little guy could fill that bare spot at the top) I realized he would make the perfect baby to the bigger elephant. Duh! I don't know what took me so long to figure this out. When I placed him down there it felt like things were finally falling into place. :)
Well, there ya have it. Sometimes it just takes a lot of fussing around with things before they fall into place. ;)
Thanks so much for stopping by.