Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Jillibean Soup Thank you Card

Hey there!

Last night I created this card for a couple reasons.  One was that I wanted to play along with Jen Gallacher's back-to-school blog event challenging us to make a project for our children's teachers.  The second thing that had me excited was the new Jillibean Soup shapes over at the Silhouette store.  I am crazy about both and couldn't wait to try them out!  :)

 
I made this card using Jillibean's Sweet and Sour Soup collection with the 6x6 mini pad.  The typewriter was one of the new diecuts available and the labels were a print and cut file which I had a lot of fun with.  I wanted to turn them on their sides and use them as pennants for my sentiment, but some of them had words on them which I figured out I could take away by using the "ungroup" feature on the Silhouette (LOVE that).  I also wanted them all similar in thickness and by printing them myself I had the option to enlarge some to be longer so they would also be thicker.  Yay!!!

The typewriter keys spelling out "thanks" were taken from this 6x6 patterned paper and punched out with a 1/2" circle punch. 

 
Supplies Used:
Kraft Cardstock- Bazzill Basics
Red Cardstock- DCWAV
Patterned Paper- Jillibean Soup Sweet & Sour 6x6 pad
Typewriter diecut- Jillibean Soup for Silhouette Cameo
Pennants/labels- Jillibean Soup for Silhouette Cameo
Sentiment Stamp- Lawn Fawn "Just My Type"
Ink- Versafine Vintage Sepia & Colorbox Chalk Ink Queues
Circle Punch- EK Success
Other- Thread/Sewing Machine
 
Thanks for stopping by!  :)




2 comments:

  1. I love Jillibean Soup! What a cute card this is...love the typewriter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that particular line of JBS! Wish I had the 6x6 pad! Cute card you made with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...