Up first I have a 4th of July garland inspired by patriotic buntings. To create my banner I layered 1-1/2 inch circles punched from the American Pride patterned paper with a lily white mini doily and a full sized ladybug red doily. Then to construct my banner I glued the three pieces together and folded them over a piece of twine and stitched in place along the top. I then clipped twine bows in place between each bunting using alternating colors of red, white and blue clothespins.
To give my little doily buntings extra stability and make them less see-through I cut semi-circles from white cardstock on my Silhouette which I adhered to the back of each red doily. If you would like to make a 4th of July banner of your own I am sharing a free download for you HERE.
I was having so much fun with these sweet little doilies with so many ideas swirling in my head that it was hard to stop with just one project. For my next project I thought it would be fun to create my own custom "patterned paper" using the mini doilies.
To achieve a smooth seamless look I turned to my favorite 3M Spray Mount. Like vellum, these doilies can be a bit transparent and delicate when fully separated from one another so I found this to be the perfect invisible adhesive.
I finished my layout with a variety of stickers from several different collections, completely letting the colors in my photos dictate my choices. Two of my papers and the layered die-cut flower came from the recent Hello Sunshine collection, but I also managed to sneak in a border sticker from a past Halloween collection. ;)
I hope I've inspired you to take a closer look at these fun new mini doilies! I am in awe of all the cool ways they can be used.
Make sure to link up your doily projects over at Doodlebug's blog at this LINK. They are giving away 2 yummy boxes chocked full of doilies--You have until May 28th to submit your ideas. :)
Supplies Used (available at Simon Says Stamp)
- Doodlebug Designs - Paper Doilies - Mini - Bumblebee
- Doodlebug Designs - Paper Doilies - Mini - Lily White
- Doodlebug Designs - Paper Doilies - Mini - Tangerine
- Doodlebug Designs - Paper Doilies - Mini - Bubblegum
- Doodlebug Designs - Paper Doilies - Mini - Limeade
- Doodlebug Designs - Paper Doilies - Mini - Swimming Pool
- Doodlebug Designs - Paper Doilies - 75 count- Ladybug
- Doodlebug Black & White Mini Clothespins
- Doodlebug Ladybug Mini Clothespins
- Doodlebug Blue Jean Mini Clothespins
- Doodlebug Red White & Blue Assortment Doodle Twine
- Doodlebug Patriotic Picnic 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- Doodlebug Hello Sunshine 12 x 12 Paper Pack
- Doodlebug Spring Flowers Mix and Match Floral Pieces
Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com):
Pin It Now!