Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Lori Whitlock Blog Hop: Echo Park Jack & Jill Boy Layout

Hello and welcome to Lori Whitlock's June blog hop!  You should be arriving here from Corri's blog or if you're just joining us you can start from the beginning at Lori's blog.  :)

Today I decided to break into the wonderful Jack & Jill Boy collection that Lori Whitlock designed for Echo Park.  Sometimes it's hard to find really masculine collections perfect for the men in your life, but I think these papers and embellishments completely fit the bill!  


I decided to create a layout documenting my husband's passion for making fine scale models and I turned to two of Lori's cool fonts to create my title.  Lori has so many great font choices which can all be seen HERE (sorted alphabetically).


To finish off the left edge of my page, I used one of Lori's awesome star borders.  I started by duplicating it several times and welding them together to be one continuous long border.  To fill in each star I duplicated my border shape and using the extra one I un-grouped it, leaving just the stars.  I then offset the stars by just a wee bit experimenting until they were large enough, but not too large to see from the front when put behind the border.  That gave me a little extra paper so that I could adhere them to the back of the star border die-cut with a Zig glue pen.





Just to recap, today I used the following cut files available in Lori's shop:
This week you can get 30% off all her and Kolette Hall's amazing cutting files and fonts using the code "June" through June 14, 2015.  :)


For digital fans there is also a one-day sale over at Snap.Click.Supply using the code "LWJUNE15HOP".  :)


Today Lori is having a very cool giveaway going on over at Instagram at 11 AM Eastern Time.  Visit her at her instagram feed @loriwhitlock to be entered to win.






Check out all the inspiring projects at my fellow teammates blogs and leave comments for more chances to win.  Your next stop in the hop is Traci's Blog.  :)

Paper Team:

Digital Team:

Thanks so much for stopping by.  :)

Supplies (available at Simon Says Stamp)

Supplies (available at Scrapbook.com)

5 comments:

  1. Great layout Mendi! Love it!! Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Mendi! Such a great match of papers and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! Love how this looks! Might have to lift this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout of Yoshi! Who knew that he had a passion for building planes! I love the collection you used, especially that plane paper!!! It's perfect!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great layout and of such an awesome thing about your husband - sometimes we forget to highlight things about our better halves - But you have done a terrifically cool and well put together layout focusing on something he loves - good for you!! You are such a marvel!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...