For my next card, I lined up the chevron arrow die-cuts in two different sizes, cut from a variety of patterns in the 6x6 pad. I decided to look for patterns with the same color to provide a cohesive look while still adding interest. I then stamped my sentiment in black ink on both the gold tipped tag and again on the die-cut scalloped circle, lining them up with a layer of foam tape between them. To tie in the gold on my small tag, I added a strip of gold glitter tape along the far right edge and topped my tag with a matching gold brad.
My next card was so easy to make, but it's one of my favorites! To create it I die-cut a number of arrows from several of the colorful tone-on-tone prints from the 6x6 pad and then once again lined them up on the diagonal, alternating the direction between rows. To help keep my rows straight, I used a clear ruler and drew light pencil lines that would be easy to erase when I was done. As a finishing touch I decided to stitch through each row using my sewing machine. I love how that simple step adds so much texture and interest!
Before moving onto my last card I just have to say, isn't that sentiment amazing?! I stamped it using another coordinating stamp from the collection. I love how beautiful and versatile this little set is--It's a must have for sure! To make my sentiment stand out against my black background, I chose to stamp it with clear VersaMark ink and heat embossed it again with white embossing powder.
For my final card I wanted to repeat my die-cut sentiments and give them the look of glossy epoxy embellishments that are so trendy right now. There are so many different ways to achieve this cool look with glossy accents and such, but I decided to try something a little different this time around so I turned to my heat gun.
Make sure to head over to Pebbles blog for a mini tutorial on how I transformed my die-cuts using supplies you may already have on hand. I hope I've inspired you to look at your dies in a new way today! :)
Supplies Used (available at Simon Says Stamp)
- Pebbles Inc. Jen Hadfield 6x6 PAPER PAD Cottage Living
- Pebbles Inc. Jen Hadfield DIES Cottage Living
- Pebbles Inc. Jen Hadfield ACRYLIC STAMPS Cottage Living
- Pebbles Inc. Jen Hadfield GOLD DIPPED TAGS Cottage Living
- Pebbles Inc. Jen Hadfield JEWEL STICKERS Cottage Living
- Pebbles Inc. Jen Hadfield DIES Homemade Set
- Tsukineko Versamark EMBOSS INK PAD Watermark
- Tsukineko VersaFine ONYX BLACK Ink Pad
- Ranger Ultra Thick Embossing Powder CLEAR 1.5 Oz Jar
- Ranger Embossing Powder SUPER FINE WHITE
- Ranger Inkssentials Non Stick CRAFT SHEET 15 X 18
- Ranger Inkssentials US HEAT IT CRAFT TOOL- USA
- Ranger Inkssentials HEAT IT CRAFT TOOL-European Voltage
Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com):