Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pebbles Inc. Cottage Living Quick & Simple Die-cut Cards

How are you guys?  Are you starting to feel a little bit crazy with all the end of Spring activities and nice weather?  I know your time is valuable and today's cards are all about being quick and easy using Pebbles elegant Cottage Living collection.  For my card set I turned to die-cuts to create repetition and eye-catching patterns with very little effort.


Up first I have a sweet little card where I cut out a number of hearts using the coordinating Cottage Living dies from a variety of patterned papers.  I arranged them on the diagonal from darkest to lightest to create an ombre effect.  To add a little extra interest I then stitched around the last row of hearts on my sewing machine and heat embossed my stamped sentiment with white embossing powder.


For my next card, I lined up the chevron arrow die-cuts in two different sizes, cut from a variety of patterns in the 6x6 pad.  I decided to look for patterns with the same color to provide a cohesive look while still adding interest.  I then stamped my sentiment in black ink on both the gold tipped tag and again on the die-cut scalloped circle, lining them up with a layer of foam tape between them.  To tie in the gold on my small tag, I added a strip of gold glitter tape along the far right edge and topped my tag with a matching gold brad.


My next card was so easy to make, but it's one of my favorites!  To create it I die-cut a number of arrows from several of the colorful tone-on-tone prints from the 6x6 pad and then once again lined them up on the diagonal, alternating the direction between rows.  To help keep my rows straight, I used a clear ruler and drew light pencil lines that would be easy to erase when I was done.  As a finishing touch I decided to stitch through each row using my sewing machine.  I love how that simple step adds so much texture and interest!

Before moving onto my last card I just have to say, isn't that sentiment amazing?!  I stamped it using another coordinating stamp from the collection.  I love how beautiful and versatile this little set is--It's a must have for sure!  To make my sentiment stand out against my black background, I chose to stamp it with clear VersaMark ink and heat embossed it again with white embossing powder.


For my final card I wanted to repeat my die-cut sentiments and give them the look of glossy epoxy embellishments that are so trendy right now.  There are so many different ways to achieve this cool look with glossy accents and such, but I decided to try something a little different this time around so I turned to my heat gun.



Make sure to head over to Pebbles blog for a mini tutorial on how I transformed my die-cuts using supplies you may already have on hand.  I hope I've inspired you to look at your dies in a new way today!  :)

Supplies Used (available at Simon Says Stamp)

Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com):

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic and marvelously done - While I can see the simplicity of what you did - each one of these looks like a million bucks!! Super impressed - ALWAYS love to see your stitching and it looks great on the arrow card and the hearts card!! Definitely intrigued about that sentiment and so I will be popping over to see what you have done!! Thanks for being a constant source of inspiration to me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...