Hello and welcome to Lori Whitlock's May blog hop! You should be arriving here from Corri's blog or if you're just joining us you can start from the beginning at Lori's blog. :)
Today I thought I would take several of Lori's fun card cutting files and pair them with her newest I Love Sunshine collection which she designed for Echo Park. I love bright colors and this collection is one of my all time favorites of Lori's!
Up first I have a summer themed card using her super creative Hidden Box Gatefold Card. On the outside, it looks like a standard card with a belly band. I chose to decorate the center of my band with a pair of the darling flip flops from the At The Pool dies that coordinate with this paper collection.
When the band is removed, the flaps pull open to either side to reveal a hidden box inside where you can include your message or a fun gift card. Isn't that cool?!
My next card uses one of Lori's popular swing card cutting files. She has so many cool variations available HERE. Once again I turned to another one of the fun new butterfly die sets by Echo Park to embellish the front of my card. For my sentiment I used a new favorite of mine called Blue Skies by Papertrey Ink. I think it's the perfect stamp set to compliment all the sunny images that I find myself drawn to.
I saved my favorite for last! I love rainbows and I adore this darling little new easel card of Lori's! I used another Papertrey Ink stamp set for my sentiment called Flipping Out which I stamped on a label which comes with the card cutting file.
Here's a better view of the card from the side. I think it's pretty cool that this card file also come with a matching envelope with a scalloped edge to match the scallop on the card front!
All the cutting files I used today were designed for a specific occasion in mind, but I love that with a little switch of embellishments they can be used for any theme!
Just to recap, today I used the following cut files available in Lori's shop:
This week you can get 30% off all her and Kolette Hall's amazing cutting files and fonts using the code "May" through May 17, 2015. :)
Never fear digital fans, there is also a one-day sale over at Snap.Click.Supply using the code "LWMAY15HOP". :)
Make sure to head over to Lori's blog for a chance to win a $20 gift card and to download a free cut file in honor of our hop today. :)
Make sure to check out all the inspiring projects at my fellow teammates blogs & leave comments for more chances to win. Your next stop in the hop is Traci's Blog. :)
- Lori Whitlock
- Corri Garza
- Mendi Yoshikawa (you are here)
- Traci Penrod
- Kathy Skou
- Cathy Harper
- Tya Smith
Thanks so much for stopping by. :)
Supplies (available at Simon Says Stamp)
- Echo Park I LOVE SUNSHINE 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- Echo Park AT THE POOL Die Set
- Echo Park BUTTERFLY 2 Die Set
- Tsukineko Versamark Emboss Ink Pad
- Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
- Silhouette CAMEO Digital Cutting Machine
- Silhouette PORTRAIT Digital Cutting Machine
Supplies (available at Scrapbook.com)
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - 12 x 12 Collection Kit
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - Designer Dies - At The Pool
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - Designer Dies - Butterfly - Two
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Sunshine Beach
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Blue Sky
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Splish Splash
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Pinwheel Afternoon
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - 3 x 4 Journaling Cards
- Echo Park - I Love Sunshine Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Sandy Toes