Thank you for stopping by and welcome to Jo's Scrap Shack's Blogaversary Blog Hop! You should be arriving here from Bridget's Blog or if you are just joining in, you can start from the beginning at Jo's Blog (or if you are here for the Pebbles Inc. blog hop you can find that post HERE).
For those who don't know Jo Williams, she is one of the sweetest gals around. She has been bringing sunshine to my blog with her sweet comments for awhile now so when she asked if I would like to help her celebrate her 3rd anniversary I was delighted to join in the fun. :)
My first card uses a variety of Lawn Fawn stamp sets from my stash. I'm a sucker for Lawn Fawn's cute images and I'm always looking for an excuse to pull out their stamps and play.
To color my doggie and speech bubbles I used my Copic markers and then cut the images out (so I didn't have to worry about coloring in the lines). After my coloring was completely dry I stamped the sentiments using my favorite VersaFine Onyx Black ink. By doing it in this order, I could really pile on the color with my Copics, without the fear of making my sentiments bleed and then I could follow up with a darker, crisper ink since Memento is not quite as dark as some of the other black inks out there.
To form my soft background I used a Copic marker with my airbrush (the Tim Holtz Spritzer tool is also a reasonable way to get a similar look). :) I wanted to give my balloons a realistic feel so I cut them from different colors of vellum and used a ruler with my Copic multiliner pen to draw strings to each letter.
Just in case you're stumped on adhesives for vellum, after lots of trial and error I have figured out 3M's Spray Mount is the perfect way to get an invisible look. You just have to make sure to spray in a box or with lots of papers & in a well ventilated area because it can be pretty messy (I may or may not have ruined the sidewalk outside of my apartment in college using it). ;)
In honor of today's hop Jo is generously giving away this amazing prize package!!! :)
To be eligible to win this cool set of goodies you must visit each of the designer's blogs and leave a comment at each stop along the way (you have until Midnight on May 4th to complete the hop and leave your comments). Jo will announce the winner over on her blog on Tuesday, May 5th.
Your next stop in the hop is Kelli's blog. :)
Here's a full list of the blog hop participants in case you get lost along the way:
Thanks so much for stopping by. :)
Supplies used (available at Simon Says Stamp)
- Lawn Fawn Critters In The 'Burbs Clear Stamps
- Lawn Fawn Hats Off To You Clear Stamps
- Lawn Fawn Happy Everything Clear Stamps
- Lawn Fawn A Birdie Told Me Clear Stamps
- Lawn Fawn Year Two Clear Stamps
- Paper Smooches Shadows Clear Stamps
- Studio Calico Lemonlush Solid Vellum
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad Full Size
- Memento Tuxedo Black Dew Drop Ink Pad
- Tsukineko VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Pad
- 3M Photo Mount Spray Adhesive Permanent
- Copic Air Compressor Air-Brushing Tool
- Copic ABS- 3 Air-Brushing System
- Copic Air-Brushing System Starting Set ABS-2 Air Brush
- Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer Tool
- Copic Multiliner SP 0.03 Black Ink Marker
- Copic Sketch Markers
Supplies used (available at Scrapbook.com)