Today I have a layout to share using Echo Park's Jack & Jill collection for girls and a wonderful sketch by the talented Valeria Salmon at Got Sketch?
To create some embellishments to coordinate with this beautiful paper collection I used some of my favorite layered flower cutting files by Lori which I dressed up with some brads from the collection and some machine stitching.
For my title I shortened one of Lori's phrases and grounded it on one of her bracket shapes which I cut from the woodgrain patterned paper. To give my sign a realistic feeling I cut tiny notches out of the edges of the shape with my scissors where the printed boards meet and popped it up with some chipboard.
To add a little extra texture to my page I added some enamel dots to my sticker border. When I was nearly done I decided I would like to pick up more of the yellows in my photo so I cut some extra yellow flowers using the solid paper and flower die set from the collection. I love the little unexpected pop of color it gives my page. :)
To create my layout I used the following cut files available in Lori's shop:
This week you can get 30% off all her and Kolette Hall's amazing cutting files and fonts using the code "April" through April 12, 2015. :)
Never fear digital fans, there is also a one-day sale over at Snap.Click.Supply using the code "LWApr15HOP". :)
She also is giving everyone a set of free cutting files at her shop using the code "FREEFILE" at checkout.
If that weren't enough Lori's also giving away a $20 gift card to her shop and a Jack or Jill collection! :)
Make sure to check out all the inspiring projects at my fellow teammates blogs and leave comments for more chances to win. Your next stop in the hop is Traci's Blog. :)
- Lori Whitlock
- Corri Garza
- Mendi Yoshikawa (you are here)
- Traci Penrod
- Kathy Skou
- Cathy Harper
- Tya Smith
Thanks so much for stopping by. :)
Other Supplies (available at Simon Says Stamp)
- Echo Park Jack and Jill Girl 12 x 12 Collection Kit
- Echo Park Sweet Flower Die Set
- Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Boutique Cat's Eye Queue
- Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Misty Meadow Cat's Eyes Queue
- Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Primary Elements Cat's Eye Queue
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Tea Dye
- Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad Tea Dye
- Tsukineko Jumbo Dauber Sponge Applicator Tool
- Ranger Mini Round Ink Blending Tools
- Ranger Mini Round Foam Refills of Ink Blending Tool
- Silhouette CAMEO Digital Cutting Machine
- Silhouette PORTRAIT Digital Cutting Machine
Other Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com)