Saturday, December 13, 2014

Handmade Holiday Photo Christmas Cards

As promised I'm back today with some ideas for creating your own handmade photo cards.  :)

I created this simple photo card by cutting out various shaped snowflakes on my Silhouette to form a border and then added matching jewels and a little colorful washi tape to the top of my photo.  To create my custom sentiment, I printed my words in a text bow to get the white on black look using the Lavanderia Font.


My next card features a row of frames made to mimic the look of pictures hanging on a wall. I cut my wood patterned paper into 1/4" strips to form mats around my 2" square photos.


My last card is Santa inspired using two cutting files by Lori Whitlock found HERE and HERE.  I altered them a bit to get the look I was going for.  I finished off the white portion of my card going over it with Frosted Lace Stickles to give it a bit of sparkle.  My sentiment was heat embossed using a Papertrey Ink stamp.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a sweet weekend.  :)






Supplies Used (Available at Scrapbook.com)

1 comment:

  1. Mendi I really love all your beautiful family photos! And I honestly would not have known that your holiday photo card was handmade had it not said so. You did a beautiful job of creating a realistic holiday photo card! I love the white font against that black background and the snowflakes are the perfect touch to compliment the washi. The wall hanging photo frames card is really adorable too! Thank you for some inspiration my friend. I hope you and the family have a very Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...