Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Blue & Gold Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Cards

An early Merry Christmas to you!  I'm sure you have every card you plan to make completed at this point, but I had a few last minute cards that I never got around to sharing using blue with metallic gold.  I was definitely on a kick with these colors this year--I just love the way they look together!

Card No. 1:  I used an older Hero Arts Background stamp heat embossed with gold powder and layered with a Silhouette Nativity cutting file by Lori Whitlock.  I borrowed the words from THIS cutting file for my sentiment which I cut from metallic gold cardstock.


Card No. 2:  For this card I heat embossed Lawn Fawn Frosties Snowflakes and Bows & Holly Merry Christmas sentiment stamps in gold again and randomly topped with navy pearls.

The brad that I set in the middle of my bow was originally silver around the edges so to help it match I got it hot with my heat gun and quickly dipped it into my embossing powder jar and then heat it up again to set it.  I love that trick!


Card No. 3:  New Year's makes me think of toasts so I cut two Champagne Glasses from vellum on my Silhouette and added some pearls for bubbles.  For my sentiment I combined THIS and THIS cutting file.  :)


I hope you have a wonderful and cozy evening surrounded by those you love!  I am so thankful for all of you!  :)






Supplies used (available at Scrapbook.com)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh these cards are all awesome!!! My fav of the three is definitely the first one... anything with a nativity makes me smile! It reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas, which leads to Christ. And "Oh Holy Night" just happens to be one of my absolute favorite songs for the Holiday and makes me teary eyed! All your cards turned out great though and the blue/gold color combo look very good together, rich colors to make a bold statement!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are just stunning and so well done - you totally made me feel the Christmas Spirit and reminded of how bubbly and excited I always get at the thought of a brand new year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...