Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Lori Whitlock December Daily Silhouette Album

I'm so excited to finally be sharing a handful of my finished December Daily album pages on Lori Whitlock's blog that I created as a part of her Silhouette Basics Class over at Jessica Sprague!  It is such a well-taught class that will teach you so many functions on your Silhouette!


In the class, Lori walks students through creating a darling 31-page album full of all sort of pockets, tags and all different shaped pages held together by big binder rings.  Knowing a "December Daily" type album might take a bit of a beating with repeated viewings over the years, I decided to alter her designs to fit a 6x6 We R Memory Keepers album (a personal favorite of mine).

I tried my best to stay true to Lori's designs and retain all the pockets & shapes that Lori includes.


I created my album using papers from My Mind's Eye's "12 Days of Christmas" collection from a couple years ago.  I had acquired doubles of many of these papers and this album made a wonderful dent in my stash.


I kept my embellishments to a minimum, partially out of lack of space and also in an effort to keep my album as flat as possible.  My little book was already quite fat before adding photos and I was determined to have it sit flat on a bookcase shelf.  I added some of the collection's cardstock cutouts sprinkled throughout the album to add a little interest, but I think Lori's design are so cute on their own.  ;)


Over the past couple of years I have collected a fun collection of December Daily themed stamps from Technique Tuesday so I was thrilled to finally have so many opportunities to use them!


In the class Lori provides a Polaroid frame and one of her fonts to make lots of cute combinations.  I thought they were perfect for showcasing our tradition of buying a new ornament for each of my kids (and myself) every year.  My kids will take these ornaments with them when they leave home and they get such a thrill picking one that best represents their interests that year.


Since I had pre-made my pages in late November, I wasn't able to journal on the background pages like I might with one of my 12x12 layouts.  I solved this by using lots of journaling strips, a few pennants here and there and even some vellum.


I'm still playing catch up on getting my photos printed from Christmas so that's all I have for now, but I hope I've inspired you to try a December Daily album.  I know it will be a cherished keepsake for our family to remember a typical December with all of our favorite traditions for years to come.

Technique Tuesday Stamps Used:




5 comments:

  1. I love your album. Once things slow down around here (probably summer), I am going to take the class and make a Christmas one for next year. I just love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're so sweet! Summer is the perfect time to do something like this. :)

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful album Mendi. Your pages are all full of fun colors, gorgeous photos, interactive fun and I love pockets! Love those! I am sorry I am now just getting to this post but I'm way behind .. lol ... slowly catching up!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Jo. I always love your comments. I've been way behind too! I've been trying my best to finish organizing my craft room so I can finally share it with you and everyone. You inspired me to push through and get it done since I told you so long ago that I would share. ;)

      Delete
  3. What a sweet DD album--I love this idea, I've just never taken the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...