Thursday, April 25, 2013

A My Mind's Eye "Pretty Please" Hawaiian Layout

Every year I participate in a 3-day local crop in honor of National Scrapbook Day over the first week of May which equates to almost 40 hours of scrapbooking with some small breaks for eating and shopping.  And every year about this time I'm scrambling to put together 15 page kits with paper, photos, sketches, completed diecutting, printed journaling, etc.  (Did I ever mention I'm really a slow scrapbooker?)  Really I do anything and everything I can to make it easier to get more accomplished so I can use as little brain power as possible on the actual weekend and yap to my hearts content.  Truth be told by the time I get there I have already put so many hours in on making up kits that I am already feeling a little bit frazzled.  Well, that's where I am right about now.  LOL!  :)



Today's layout is one of the layouts I completed during last year's 3-day crop using some older My Mind's Eye papers from their Pretty Please collection.  In hindsight I wish I had used some vellum over the background paper to tone it down, but what's done is done, right?



I layered some of the flower cutouts from the collection with foam tape and paired it with the leaf diecuts from Papertrey Ink.  My title was cut on the Silhouette (sadly it's been so long that I can no longer remember the fonts I used, but I wish I did because I really like them).  ;)

Thanks for hanging with me while I ramble.  LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Mendi another great layout hun! Love the layering of the flowers and I too, love those fonts!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous...the layout and the daughter:))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...