Thursday, March 14, 2013

A couple Papertrey Ink Easter & Wedding Cards

It's hard to believe Easter is right around the corner--It has nearly snuck up on me this year!  I thought I better share a couple cards I made before the holiday completely passes me by.  I made these both of these using a Paper Crafts sketch found in this month's March/April Issue.

I created this one with Papertrey Ink's Scrambled Eggs Stamp set and Doodlebug's Hello Spring patterned papers.  I wanted to carry the rainbow throughout and was totally stoked to find the rainbow ribbon by Offray in my stash.  The "happy" diecut is from Papertrey Ink's Wonderful Words Die Set which I colored with Copic markers.  :)



For this one I wanted to try a really clean and simple approach.  I turned to my Papertrey Ink Beautiful Butterflies Stamps and coordinating dies.   The sentiment is also from the set.  Such a great, vesatile set--A must have in my opinion.  ;)  The background was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.



It was fun trying different looks with the same sketch!  Thanks for hanging with me today.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh both of these cards are beautiful Mendi. Love them both!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the egg shapes...did you use an oval punch? Thank you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The egg shapes are stamps by Papertrey Ink found here: https://www.papertreyink.com/stamps/scrambled-eggs-stamp-set/

    After I stamped them, I just cut them out with scissors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Mendi! You always do such amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards Mendi...especially love the simplicity of the second one...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...