Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Quick & Easy Last Minute Valentine's Day Cards

How's it going?  Are you scrambling for last minute Valentine's Day cards?  If so I have a couple quick and easy cards to share today.

I think I created this first one in record time.  I seriously am a slow paper crafter, but I want to say I did this one in a matter of minutes!




Washi tape makes things super quick and easy.  I just cut the white cardstock square, lined up my first red polka-dot tape on the diagonal, lined up the remaining rows, folded over the edges.  The heart was diecut with a large heart punch and then I realized it might be cute to punch it again with a smaller heart and pop it up in the center.  The Love You Forever sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Think Big Favorites #11 stamp set.  The base is just a simple scalloped rectangle that I cut two of on my Silhouette, scoring a 1/2" from the top and then adhering the two pieces together along that 1/2" section.

This second one uses the exact same sketch (found in the January/February 2013 issue of Paper Crafts magazine), but this time with a little more detail...




For this card I used BoBunny's Double dot papers and diecut multiple hearts arranged on the diagonal.  I then followed that with some machine stitching over the top.  My sentiment is taken from that same Papertrey Ink's Think Big Favorites #11 stamp set.  I had a chipboard heart laying around gather dust so I decided to cover it in matching paper as my focal point with a stitched border to tie it all together.  All in all a very fun sketch to play along with!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...