Friday, December 14, 2012

An Echo Park Happy Holidays Layout

Today is a good day!  It's Friday and it's my first December post for Lori Whitlock's blog!  Yay!  Christmas layouts were requested and scrapbooking is definitely my first love so I was excited for this challenge.  For this one I turned to Lori's mini kit for Echo Park called Happy Holidays.  These papers totally live up to their "happy" name, don't ya think?


I was inspired by a snowflake banner sticker in the collection, but it wasn't quite right for my layout so I stole the string from Lori's Doily Pennant Banner cutting file to hang snowflakes from instead.  :)

For the title I pieced two different titles and grounded them with the Vintage banner & seal diecut.  I liked Lori's "Countdown to Christmas" title, but the word Christmas had a bar that didn't work well with this application so I used a separate Echo Park Christmas phrase found at the Silhouette shop here.  Please note that I stretched the word Christmas from top to bottom to make it fit the space better.  :)
 
For the trees I took my cue from the tree print paper from the kit (which I didn't end up using here) and cut out different styles of trees.  For the pink polka-dot tree, I backed the cutout holes with punched circles from the patterned paper.  I then added in a green tree sticker from the collection to round out my tree trio.

As adorable as these papers are, a lot of them are fairly busy prints which can be a challenge for this self professed "B" side (tone-on-tone print) scrapbooker.  In an effort to capture the feel of the collection on my layout without overwhelming the page, I added this grouping of pennants featuring little stickers and snippets from the border paper.  I love the result!  These papers make me smile!  :)

For this layout I used the following shapes available for purchase at Lori's Shop:
3 Snowflake Set
Baby Icon Set (Scallop Border)
Christmas Icons Set (polka-dot tree)
Countdown to Christmas Title
Vintage banners seals

And these shapes from the Silhouette store (coming to Lori's blog soon):
3 Christmas Trees
Winter Tree (used snowflake only)
Doily ‘pennant’ banner
borders (wavy rick-rack)

On a side note, the original blog hop winner contacted me when seeing my last post so unfortunately I will not be drawing a new winner afterall.  Sorry about that...

Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so, so cute Mendi! And those photos are GREAT--what a cutie! I love that snowflake banner. And love this LW paper too...wonder where I can get this mini kit...didn't see it at CW or I totally would have snatched it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought this at the Vancouver Craft Warehouse. I don't think they had it displayed with their Christmas Papers, but on a Mini Kit spinning rack instead. You might check to see where your store put it. I think at our store there are so many mini kits that some of them are buried under others. I know I saw it at 2Peas too if you ever place orders with them... Thanks for all your sweet comments. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...