Thursday, August 9, 2012

Three More Summer Layouts

Hi there!

Hope you are all enjoying your day!  Today I'm digging out a few more summery layouts to share from my past... 


For this first one I used Little Yellow Bicycle's Delightful collection.  This was my first brush with Little Yellow Bicycle and I remember when this line came out I couldn't wait to get my hands on it!  I wish this picture was in better focus.  I used lots of their rub-ons and a cool computer journaling technique I learned about in Becky Flecks first Page Maps book


I made this layout to be a nice compliment in the album to my layout about my other daughter that I shared here.  I think it was at about this time that I was in the process of just switching over to doing mostly single page layouts and back then I still tried really hard to make each page blend well with the facing page (since then I switched from post bound albums to binders and it really doesn't bother me one bit).

This one features some of my favorites photos that I took of my little sister Meranda (16 years younger) for her senior portraits.  I used an early line for Pink Paislee and lots of rub-ons.  The swirly rub-ons are by Making Memories and the words were spelled out using American Crafts alphabet rub-ons which I then went back and chalked over for a glowing effect.  Oh, and I think I used some making memories rub-ons on the buttons too.  Whatever happened to rub-ons?  I actually still really love some of my rub-ons.  Bling circles and lines are by Heidi Swapp.

Thanks for joining me as I reminisce.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts, Mendi! Such perfect paper selections for each of the photos you have in each layout. Great eye you have for color and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pages. I love the way you use color in your layouts. You have wonderful photos, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these layouts are all so pretty (and fun and bright)...and I really think I still have some of this same paper in my stash too...apparently we've always had similar tastes?!:))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I held onto most of the leftovers too--It's the reason I still know their collection name. The scraps work great on making my Mother in Law's 8x8 album though--She doesn't know what's new or old. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...