Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A "Top Ten" 2-page Layout

Hey there!

Today I thought I would mix it up a bit and share a recent (gasp) double page layout.  I made this one for the Vancouver Craft Warehouse Scrapbook Club challenge.  They gave us a half sheet of 12x12 patterned paper from My Mind's Eye's Indie Chic collection and a sheet of pale yellow Bazzill cardstock and we were challenged to create a layout with it.


I had these photos from our Japan trip that we took 3 years ago and since we were going again this summer I thought it was about time that I finally get around to finishing this layout that I had printed the photos, picked out the sketch and typed up the journaling for way back when.


I LOVE My Mind's Eye, but the paper they challenged us with this month was my least favorite from the entire collection.  Lucky for me the pattern had these teal colored flowers that I could fussy cut out and mix with one of my favorite color groupings from the collection!  The rest of the layout was created using 4 patterns from only two sheets of doubled side paper.  I was patting myself on the back for that one considering it was a 2-page layout and I have a tendency to buy every paper in a collection.  I also was able to use the matching buttons that I won on Jennifer McGuire's blog the month before.  :D




















Thanks again for stopping by!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...