Saturday, July 21, 2012

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge #75

Hey there Ladies!

I was seriously inspired by Erin Lincoln's "Make It Monday" video challenge over at Nichole Heady's Blog this week (that unfortunately I just got around to watching to watching late Friday night), that I felt the need to get to work right away and stayed up until 3am having fun making this card.

The challenge was to print out this sheet found here and to fill in the blanks with papertrey ink products you own from your stash and then to roll the dice to see what elements you need to use to make a card.  For my focal image section, I tried to pick stamp sets that had a round-ish theme since many of the sketches involved circles, but in the end I rolled the dice and my sketch involved an oval.  Here is what my printout looked like when I filled it out (I circled the ones the dice picked for me).


And here is my card using the above criteria.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  Initially I was nervous because I only had one roll of washi tape that matched my color scheme, but I think it worked out OK in the end.  It was also my first time using my Mehndi Medallion set so I had a lot of fun experimenting and creating my own patterned paper background.  :)



Thanks so much for stopping by and Thanks to Erin for the really fun challenge.  I really admire her ability to make the card on the fly, all while on video.  Make sure to check out all the other fun takes on this challenge here

Papertrey Ink Supplies:
Mehndi Medallion Stamp Set
Think Big Favorites #1 Stamp Set

Additional Supplies Used:
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Bazzill Lavendar Cardstock
American Crafts Cardstock
Doodlebug Buttons
Queen & Co. Washi Tape
Colorbox Doodlebug Pigment Ink Pads
DMC Embroidery Floss

1 comment:

  1. Really cute card...what a fun way to choose how to make a card too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...